Wednesday, September 3, 2014

1500 Visits - WOW!

Cheering Sailors Throwing Hats in the Air
http://www.corbisimages.com/stock-photo/rights-managed/U769502ACME/

I have to admit that it didn't occur to me this blog would be this popular - 1500 visits in just two months was a lot more than expected.  I just started it to help me think aloud and share some of my experiences so gamers like me wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel every time they started a project. Always nice to know one's gaming problem is shared by others!

Glad to see the interest, and feel free to comment on the parts that you like best as it will have at least some effect on future posts.  

Happy gaming!

1 comment:

  1. yeah, the more I do it, the more I realize the parallels. The technical stuff is of course different with every period and every ship era, but there is an element to this where "a ship is a ship is a ship" and the strategy and scenarios if not the specific tactics [which are technology driven] are very similar. So throwing Jutland in space is certainly possible, as well as Trafalgar.

    the other thing I've been thinking about a lot lately is "what do the players actually do" while playing the game? Plan? Maneuver? Look up rules? Check out the charts? etc. From the gamer standpoint, there's a similarity there also.

    ReplyDelete